Last updated: November 8, 2021
Thank you for your trust and support in eWeLink. We (Shenzhen CoolKit Technology CO.,LTD) understand the importance of your personal information, so we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal data. This Policy describes how we collect, use, and handle your personal information when you use our websites, software, and service (collectively, "Service").
Information We Collect
In order to provide our services to you, eWeLink will receive or collect required information when we operate and provide our services. Some information we collect from you is referred to as “personal information” or “personal data” in this Policy. Personal information or personal data is data that can identify you or data that we can relate to you, such as your name, email address, and shipping address.
You can have a try without registering or logging in when you are a new user. Under the try it now mode(logging out or without creating an account), you still have the right to use eWeLink products or enjoy our services, such as searching or browsing any features on the services, by creating a guest ID. We won't collect your account or other information when you try out without logging, the only data being collected is the permission information you have authorized in using the additional functions, the information about the device and its usage, such as the operating system of your mobile phone. While we will access the information you have authorized to enable the location permissions of products or services you want to use. Once you quit the try it now mode, we will remove your data instantly and permanently. However, if the services you request or purchase are under your account, please go to the registration/login page for registering or logging in.
1. Information You Provide
- Account Information: When you are interacting with our products, before we further collect the nickname, country code, language preference, timezone and other personal sensitive data in your account, we will get your consent via your clicking ‘agree’ button through explicit popup messages.
- Feedback: When you submit feedback to get customer support for our service, you will provide us with information related to your use of our service, including your email address, mobile phone number, and your feedback content so we can provide you customer support.
2. Automatically Collected Information
- Device Information: When you install, access, or use our service, we automatically collect device-specific information, such as the MAC address of your devices, IP address, wireless connection information, operating system type, and version, application version number, mobile application list, push notification identifier, log files, and mobile network information.
- Usage and Log Information: Through your usage of eWeLink service, we automatically collect your activity on our website or our service, service-related information, diagnosis, performance information, log files, crash report, website visits, clicks, downloads, and other information generated by using our service.
- Location Information: To ensure the normal function of our service, such as the “sunrise/sunset”, we will collect information about your real-time geolocation.
- Camera information: The camera information we collect will be used to allow you to scan the QR code to add the devices you purchased, or take videos.
- Access to the album: required for uploading pictures/videos to submit user feedback.
- Use the microphone: use the microphone for features e.g. two-way calls. To achieve that, we will collect your voice information to identify your voice commands.
- Software Installment List Info: The type of personal information collected by Bugly SDK: Software Installment List Information, and it will be uploaded to http://android.bugly.qq.com. Since our software is multi-process, we reserve the right to collect your software installment list information in the backend so that we can capture the log of the software crash in the event of your software crash.
3. Smart Devices Related Information:
- Basic Information of Smart Devices: When you connect your Smart Devices with our service, we may collect basic information about your Smart Devices such as device name, device ID, online status, activation time, firmware version, and upgrade information.
- Information Reported by Smart Devices: Based on the different smart devices you use with our service, we may collect different information reported by your devices.
How We Use Information
We may use information collected for the following purposes:
- Marketing-related activities: We share marketing materials about our service that interest users that consent to receive such information. You may choose not to receive such information through the option we provide.
- Personalized service: When we are handling your account, profile data, usage data, and device information, we aim to provide individualized product design and service tailored to your request(such as recommending or showing products and ads that may interest you) and invite you to take surveys about product usage. The legal basis for this processing is your consent.
- Compliance: We will process your personal data when we deem it necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws and regulations; (b) to comply with legal procedures; (c) to respond to requests from public and government agencies; (d)to fulfill our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, business and systems; (f) protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of us and/or other users including you; and (g) seek available remedial measures or reduce the loss we may suffer.
To Whom We Share Information
We only share your personal data in ways you are told about. We may share your information with the following third parties:
- Third-party service providers who provide us with certain business-related services, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment and credit card processing, infrastructure supply, IT services, customer support services, email sending services, and other similar services so that they can provide services to us.
- Clients and other business partners who directly or indirectly provide you with smart devices and/or the networks and systems you use to access and use our website and services.
- In the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposals of all or part of our business, assets, or stocks (including but not limited to the above circumstances related to any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we shall disclose your personal data to other third parties. In this case, you will receive a clear notification via email and/or our website regarding the change of ownership, the incompatibility of new use of personal information, and the choice of personal information.
- Where we deem it necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws and regulations; (b) to comply with legal procedures; (c) to respond to requests from public and government agencies, including public and government agencies outside the country/region where you live ; (D) to fulfill our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, business and systems; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, security or property of us and/or other users including you; and (g ) to seek available remedies or reduce the losses we may suffer.
- To subsidiaries or affiliates within the group to carry out business activities on a regular basis
Except for the third parties mentioned above, we only disclose your personal data to other third parties with your consent.
- According to applicable laws, you have the right to object to or request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, and to request the right to access, correct, delete, and portability of your personal data.
- Where the use of your information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, but the withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of data processing based on consent before the withdrawal.
- You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request the processing of your personal data.
- If you find that your information has changed or is inaccurate, please notify us of these changes so that our records can be updated or corrected. If you believe that our processing of your personal data violates applicable laws, you can lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority.
- Our retention time for your personal data depends on the needs of providing services or products to you, or in accordance with the requirements or permits of applicable laws such as tax laws and accounting laws.
You can delete your eWeLink account by clicking Profile> Settings > eWeLink Account > Delete Account. If you confirm to"delete account", the account will be deleted immediately. And your account data could not be restored, please think twice.
Information Security Measures
We are committed to ensuring the security of your personal data. In order to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, or other similar risks, we have established reasonable physical, electronic, and management procedures to protect the information we collect. In order to protect the security of your personal data, we have set out the following security procedures and technical and organizational measures:
- Your personal data will be stored on secure servers and protected in controlled facilities.
- All data stored in the backend will be categorized into different levels according to the importance and sensitivity of the data, for example, whether it contains personal data.
- In the data center, data clusters containing sensitive data are assembled in the network topology and placed in rooms with additional physical security protection.
- The data exchange between the eWeLink device and the server is encrypted by the Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
- Users can choose to use the two-step verification process when accessing their eWelink account.
- We regularly review our practices regarding the collection, storage, and processing of information, including physical security measures, in order to prevent unauthorized access to the system.
- The system is only accessible to eWelink employees and third-party service providers so that they can obtain the required information for processing data. They must abide by strict contractual confidentiality obligations. If they fail to fulfill these obligations, they may face punishment or dismissal.
- All server clusters used for cloud platform data storage and processing are set up with access control.
- Most data used for eWeLink products and/or services are stored in a storage system. By using the column-based access control mechanism, only eWeLink employees who have obtained access permission can access the data columns they are authorized to access.
Information security is of great importance for us. We will take all practical measures to ensure the security of your personal data. Through the above protective measures, especially encrypted storage and transmission, your data is very safe. Certain details in the encrypted data can only be accessed by you.
Children's Privacy Protection
We attach great importance to protecting the privacy of young children. Please obtain written consent from your parent or legal guardian before our services are directed to you who are under the age of fourteen(14)(or such other age provided by applicable law in your country/region of residence). We protect the privacy of young children according to the relevant laws and regulations provided by different areas, regions/countries. Please note that we will take steps to delete personal information if we are aware that we have collected Personal Data from young children without permission from children's parents or legal guardians.